Critical Illness Insurance
CSEA-Sponsored Critical Illness Insurance can provide Active Members with a lump benefit that you can spend as you wish if you are diagnosed with a critical illness. It can help fill the gaps that traditional life, medical, and disability coverage may leave.
- Guaranteed Issue1 Benefit Amounts: $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and now $40,000!
- Recurrence benefit up to 300% of your total benefit may be payable depending on plan purchased and type of covered illness2.
- No age limit for eligibility! Just be an Active CSEA Member!
- Spouse/Domestic Partner and Child Coverage available.
- Covers 6 Major Illnesses that now includes Alzheimer's Disease.
1 You must be an active member of CSEA and you have to be able to perform normal activities.2 Refer to your certificate for details on covered illnesses
The CSEA-Sponsored Critical Illness Insurance Program covers these conditions.*
- Full benefit cancer
- Partial benefit cancer: 25% of benefit amount
- Skin Cancer: 5% of benefit amount
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery disease
- Major organ transplant (other than bone marrow)
- Kidney failure
- Alzheimer's Disease
*The Benefit Amount that determines the benefits for Covered Conditions is shown on your enrollment form.
Please refer to certificate for full plan details.
Like most group benefits programs, benefit programs offered by MetLife contain certain exclusions, exceptions, waiting periods, reductions, limitations and terms for keeping them in force. Ask your Plan Administrator, Pearl Insurance, for costs and complete details.
Insurance coverage is issued by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166.L0619515901[exp0620][All States][DC,GU,MP,PR,VI] © 2019 MetLife Services and Solutions, LLC
Call and speak to a CSEA Insurance Representative today at:
Application, Claim Forms & Brochure
ApplicationCritical Illness GI Application
Overview & FAQ
To complete an application, please complete it in full, and send it to:
13 Airline Drive
Albany, NY 12205